Solitude Castle was build from 1763 -1769 for Duke Carl Eugen of Württemberg who used it for Huntings and for big Balls. But soon after it was finished in 1769 the Duke lost the Interset at the Castle and didn't use it very much afterwards. Today the Castle istself can be visited and in one of the Sidewings there is the Acadamey Schloss Solitude.
View over Stuttgart
There was a 14 miles long straight street
which cnonnected the CAstle with the Castle in Ludwigsburg the
Main-Reisdence of Duke Carl Eugen