Monday, August 20, 2012

Mellow Day -- Mon., Aug. 20


Woke up around 10 a.m. I tried to make a reservation for a hair cut and shampoo at two local salons. None available today. Tomorrow, I have an 8:00 a.m. appointment. As soon as I am done we will make the long drive to the Black Hills.

At noon we went back to the Bath House for more soaking in the hot springs. It feels so good.

We returned to the 5er and had tuna sandwiches for lunch. Bob had a conference call for work at 2:00 p.m.

An American goldfinch visited our site. We have never seen one before. I identified it in my Audubon Society Field Guide. What a gorgeous bird--bright yellow with black cap and black wings. Bob shot a couple of photos from inside the 5er. Double-click to enlarge.

American goldfinch.



At 4:30, we went back to the Bath House for another 20-minute soak. Just lovin' this relaxation. Seems we've been on the go-go-go for weeks.

Tonight, dinner was tostadas. Bob is watching the Dodgers. I have been catching up on reading blogs. Still two weeks behind.

That's it for our slow day. I never did go out and take photos of Eagle RV Park. Maybe early tomorrow morning.

All for today.