Thursday, April 19, 2012

Quirky -- Thurs., Apr. 19

Ingram, Texas:
I was in a quagmire over how quickly I could conjure up a word for the Q challenge today. I settled on "quirky."

Quirky, that's me. The quintessential eclectic [definition: not following any one system, as of philosophy, etc., but selecting and using what are considered the best elements of all systems], quiet, but sometimes silly, woman.

Music tastes range from classical to Broadway scores, to Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians, the Stray Cats, Billy Squier, Enya, Rolling Stones, Jem, Kelly Clarkson, Queen, Beatles, Moody Blues, Jimmy Buffett, ELP, Asia, Maroon 5, Train, and many more.

For movies, I'm happy with The Princess Bride, Galaxy Quest, Fifth Element, V for Vendetta, James Bond movies (especially starring Sean Connery, Pierce Brosnan or Daniel Craig), Up, Edward Scissorhands, Young Frankenstein, What's Up Doc, Mission Impossible movies with Tom Cruise, Sound of Music, The King's Speech, Dangerous Beauty, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy, Hunger Games, Good Will Hunting, The Bourne movies with Matt Damon, Juno, and some that aren't coming to me at the moment.

Qualities: People who don't know me well think of me as quiet, but that's because I'm assessing situations I'm in, like a cat sniffing out all the nooks and crannies of a new location. Once I get to know you, you'll find a pun-loving, sassy-talking, sometimes irreverent rebel. 

Now you know, if you care.