Monday, July 8, 2013

Mitchell Lake Audubon Extras - From June 22

Back in June, when I was in the middle of a 10K (6.2 mile) Volksmarch, I received a call from Snelling to go to work. I did a short blog that day, but worked nine days straight and didn't get a chance to finish my blog; consider this a photo blog. I have some time now, so here goes...

Texas sunflower.
What flower is this?
Drummond's Clematis, Texas Virgin's Bower, Old Man's Beard
Drummond's Clematis (Clematis drummondii)
Red-winged blackbird.
Red salvia.

Look at that spider web!!!
Mexican Hat (Ratibida columnaris)
Mitchell Lake Audubon walk scenery.
Fields of sunflowers in bloom.
Fledgling swallows.
Cormorants and egrets hang out together.
The trail through Mitchell Lakes Audubon Society.

Two turtles were on the path.
Here's the other turtle. This one came out of its shell.
Scissor-tailed flycatcher.
Scissor-tailed flycatcher.
Scary spider in the porta-potty!