Friday, September 28, 2012

Daybook Entry --- Thurs., Sep. 27


FOR TODAY – SEPTEMBER 27

[Note: I meant to publish this on Thursday, but had technical difficulties with my computer recognizing my camera. I had help from a fellow blogger, Rick, today and reinstalled my camera software into my computer, but then my computer started a loud beeping. I think the fan went out, so I turned my computer off. I still don't know if the reinstall worked. When Bob got home, he graciously let me download my camera software on his computer and it works like a charm. Now I can post my photo showing my life yesterday. So, here it is, a day late. When it rains, it pours--and it's doing that outside now too.]

Outside my window Thursday…it's windy, sunny, but partly cloudy, about 84 degrees.

I am thinking…about my healing process from my bad fall last Friday when I broke my face.

I am thankful…for being alive.

In the kitchen…I am learning how to eat a wired jaw diet. Nothing solid can pass these lips until the wires and rubber bands come off.

I am wearing…comfy sleep shirt...I won't be going out for a number of days.

I am creating…my blog.

I am going…nowhere until my face heals. I don't want to reinjure it.

I am wondering…when I can get the jaw wires off so I can talk normally, eat normally.

I am reading… “The Sanctuary” by Raymond Khoury. 

I am hoping…my face heals quickly and that I learn how to clean my mouth soon. Bob bought me a child's toothbrush that I will try to use tonight.

I am looking forward to…being healthy again, walking and hiking again, going to Australia.


I am learning…how to take care of my jaw.

Around the house…Bob has been doing housework and shopping to let me recover from my trauma and subsequent surgery.

I am pondering…how will my teeth and glasses get fixed before we go to Australia.

A favorite quote for today…
Though we may travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we will find it not.   ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
One of my favorite things…is traveling.

A few plans for the rest of the week: not much. Heal, blog, read, watch TV, wash dishes, stretch.

A peek into my day…
Bowie is between my feet on the recliner footrest. Sunnie is next to me in the other recliner. Such sweeties!


Come and join us at http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ and join in!!