Friday, September 28, 2012

It's the Simple Things -- Fri., Sep. 29

Who would have thought I'd write a blog about a kid's toothbrush? Well let me tell you, they don't make 'em like they used to.

It's been a week since I've brushed my teeth because of my fall and subsequent wired jaw. My mouth felt, and probably smelled, awful. I have been swishing clear water around and letting it dribble out because I was beside myself due to my poor oral hygiene. The doctor's nurse told me no mouth rinses and to use a toothbrush to brush the outsides of my teeth. An adult toothbrush would not fit in the small space I created by pulling out 1/3 of my mouth. (The middle of my upper lip is covered in a big scab so it doesn't stretch at all.)

On the internet, one of the maxillofacial surgery centers had discharge instructions for a wired jaw that said to use a child's toothbrush. So Bob was nice enough to buy a child's toothbrush for me this evening. It is the cutest thing ever in a toothbrush!

Check it out. It looks like a kangaroo and has suction cup feet so it can stand on the counter and look adorable. (This is an Aquafresh Kids, 3+ years, soft toothbrush, in case you're wondering.)
,
My new 'roo'thbrush (sounds like Scooby Doo!).
I can report to you I now have a clean set of wires, bands and the outsides of my teeth.

It's the little things. Don't ever take them for granted.

Travel Bug out.