Friday, April 26, 2013

W is for Work -- Fri., Apr. 26

W-O-R-K: A four-letter word, if ever there was one.

I have applied for administrative assistant or executive assistant work at three different temporary agencies. Each Monday I let them know I'm available for work, but nary a word from any of them. No, "We're so happy to have you on board with us," or "We have reviewed your skill set and think you'll be a good fit for..." Just nothing.

The agencies have temporary jobs available. I've applied for them on their web sites. They have all interviewed me and let me know that they do get temporary jobs, but they never know when they'll come in. I need to be patient.

Right now, I need to go to work. I'm not playing around. I have over 30 years office experience and know my way around Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and PowerPoint.

Here's to finding the right jobs!

Travel Bug out.