Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Social Butterfly -- Tues., Jan. 29

Our windows were all open today for the light breeze that was blowing. With the outside temperature 78 degrees at 11:00 a.m., it was nice to let in the fresh air. "Let the sun shine, let the sunshine in."  

Today, a new 5th wheel pulled in next to ours. I went out to welcome them to the "sardine can," i.e., our smooshed in spaces. They are Kim and Brian from Edmonton, Alberta. He was a roof inspector before he retired. They purchased a lot in Yuma which has, or will have (can't remember which), a modular home on it.

Brian and Kim are on a trip from Yuma to New Orleans and will be in this park for three nights. They're headed to Mardi Gras for a week.

I headed back inside so they could finish setting up. With the windows open, the cats quickly discovered that the new neighbors also have cats--female cats! My two boys spent a good part of the afternoon on the kitchen counter scoping out the "girls" at screen door just a few feet away.

A little later, Kim and Brian were sitting outside and had their cats outside in a really great enclosure. I went out and we talked for a while until the wind kicked up and the temperature dropped over ten degrees in 1/2 hour. While wechatted, my two (neutered) tomcats were looking out the kitchen window keeping an eye on the two femme fatale felines just below them, and their food source (me). I think my cats wanted to be in the enclosure with their cats.

We plan to spend a week in New Orleans in March (after Mardi Gras is over). I'll be looking for a good RV park or COE campground within 1/2 hour of the city. Bob has a great aunt there who is in her 90s who we want to visit. It's been a number of years since we've seen her.

I am doing some proofreading, editing and layout work on a presentation brochure for the construction company Bob works for. I should have it done tonight.

All for today. Travel Bug out.